The shape of the chocolate recalls the cycle of the seasons into spring as do the decorative fruits on top.
- 4 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa nibs, almonds, or hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger
- 1⁄4 cup dried blueberries or raisins
- 1⁄4 cup candied orange peel
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- In a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stir the chocolate until melted.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet, using the back of the spoon to flatten into disks.
- Place one of each of the four toppings onto each circle.
- Work a few medallions at a time; they will harden as they cool.
- Cool on the baking sheet until hardened.
- Store in a cool place in a covered container.